Can you please with these Trinomial Factors !!?
I am doing this take home quiz for Algebra and i need help ! can you help me factor these trinomials ? x2-12x-64 x2-16x-36 x2-2x-48 x2-5x-84 x2-15x+44 x2+17+60 x2+5x-14 x2+3x-4 pleaseee i would higly appreciate it ! :)See Answer 10 Add Answers
Tips - I've done the first 4 - see if you can do the rest.
1. If the final number is negative eg -64, one factor is positive and one factor negative,
2. if the final number is positive eg +44 then both factors are either BOTH positive or BOTH negative
3. If the final number is negative eg -64 and the middle number eg -12x is negative, then the larger of the two factors takes a negative sign.
4. If the final number is negative eg -64 and the middle number eg +12x is positive, then the larger of the two factors takes a positive sign
5. If the final number is positive and the middle number is negative, then both factors take a negative sign
6. If the final number is positive and the middle number is positive, then both factors take a positive sign
7. Break down the final number into all of its pairs of factors and then find a pair that fit
x2-12x-64 = (x-16)(x+4)
x2-16x-36 = (x-18)(x+2)
x2-2x-48 = (x-8)(x+6)
x2-5x-84 = (x-12)(x+7)
x2-15x+44 (factors are 44/1, 22/2, 11/4)
x2+17x+60 Be careful there are two alternatives of getting 17 but only one is correct. Pay attention to the above notes with regards the "sign" (factors are 60/1, 30/2, 20/3,15/4,12/5,10/6,)